Just steps from the Castle, in the heart of Lewes,
The Brewers Arms is an authentic pub, steeped in tradition.
Though the present structure dates from 1906, a tavern has graced this spot since the 16th Century. But while many establishments of a similar nature have fallen prey to chain ownership and uniformity, The Brewers Arms remains a freehouse, and has been proudly owned and operated by the Griffin family since 1994.
The pub consists of two contrasting environments. Those seeking a cosy, quiet atmosphere will feel at home in the front bar – a comfortable area with no piped music. The walls are adorned with historic photographs of Lewes, as well as the original building plans for the pub, and a list of licensees from 1744.
The back bar features a selection of recreational entertainments, including pool, darts, a jukebox, the old Sussex game of Toad in the Hole.